Monday 15 August 2011

Hen Do Fun

On Saturday I went to my friend, Sarah's, hen do. She gave me permission to put her photo on the blog, so here she is!


Sarah and I lived in halls together for our first year at uni, and then we lived in a house together in our second year. Her and her fiance, Mike, have been together 10 years (?) so I'm very excited for their wedding next weekend!!

I made some biscuits to take with me to the hen do. Well, Liam and Izzy made the chocolate chip cookies, and I iced them to make the heart shape a bit more defined (plus pink is Sarah's favourite colour!)


It is also Sarah's birthday this week, so I wrapped up a few of the cookies to give to her specifically, and took the rest of the tin for all the hen party people. I think Liam thought I was only taking the small bag of cookies (that's what we normally do for people's birthdays), haha, oops, I'll have to make some more cookies soon to make it up to him!!


I got a train to the hen do. Such a blissful journey - no one travelling with me, a 3 seater seat to myself, food (I hadn't eaten breakfast so ate this sandwich at 11am) and a magazine...


Bliss!

When I arrived, we all continued watching a film (I'm not sure what it was as I came in half way through) and then we went for a late lunch. We didn't end up eating until 3pm which actually worked quite well as I'd had such a late breakfast. I ordered a mushroom risotto...


This was ok...apart from the really gritty mouthful part way through...not nice!

After lunch we went back to Sarah's house and got the cocktail fountain going...


Vodka, cranberry juice and lime - delicious and way too easy to drink!!

There was also nachos with dips...


I had lots of the crisps with houmous...in my defence I wasn't going out for dinner with everyone else, so I needed to eat, well that was my excuse anyway!! Unfortunately I wasn't able to stay for the rest of the evening as Liam had work at 7am on Sunday so I had to get a train back at 8.30pm. I had time to stay and see everyone else dress up though - the theme was 1920s...


They all went to a tapas bar for dinner, and I headed to the train station. I wish I could have stayed over, but that is part of having children - someone needed to look after them on Sunday! I'm looking forward to when Liam (hopefully) gets a job with more 'normal' hours - at the moment his days off are Saturday and Monday, so he never has 2 consecutive days off for us to do anything. Anyway, mini rant over. My dinner consisted of a 9bar on the train home...


and then a blackcurrant fool when I got home at 10.30pm, yawn!


I had a really great day. It was really lovely to see everyone - most of whom, except for Sarah, I hadn't seen since Sarah's birthday 2 years ago when I was pregnant with Toby! I can't wait until next weekend when we are going to Sarah's wedding, and will be able to stay a bit longer to celebrate with her! :) Congratulations Sarah, I'm so excited for you!! :-D

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...