Tuesday 10 May 2011

Wedding Hair and M&S Salads

Today has been another busy, wedding related day! This morning we went to the seaside...


and bought some purple cases for the wedding cupcakes...


We could only find them in multi packs so had to buy two to get enough for the wedding cakes. We'll pass the purple and white cases on to the bakery to be used for the wedding, then I'll no doubt find use for the pink and gold cases - birthdays, Christmas etc!

I also picked up a couple of cupcakes - vanilla with pink hearts for daughter, and coffee for Liam. With the help of Mum, I managed to resist getting one for myself!


These look pretty, but apparently only tasted ok...and at twice the price of the ones at the bakery we're using for the wedding, we definitely made the right decision! :)

For lunch I had the last of my salad pots from M&S. Whilst eating it, I realised I haven't yet had a chance to post about any of them! I bought them when we went shopping on Saturday, I really wish we lived closer to an M&S as these make great lunches. Unfortunately I could only buy a few, and had to eat them every day due to short dates.

Sunday - Avocado & Feta...


This contained cooked quinoa, cooked bulgar wheat, avocado, feta, cooked green lentils, cucumber, peas, broad beans, edamame beans, spring onions, spinach, pea shoots, mint, parsley, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, olive oil, sunflower oil, lemon juice, white wine vinegar, salt and pepper. And a dressing pot with mint infused oil and creme fraiche...


This was my favourite of the salad pots - hence I wrote down all the ingredients - a possible suggestion for the caterer re quinoa salad?? :)


Yum!

Yesterday's salad wasn't quite so enjoyable unfortunately - Fireburst rice salad with chilli & ginger dressing...


this was ok, but it just wasn't really my thing - too crunchy, the dressing was too overpowering...


and worse, even after the addition of goat's cheese, I was still hungry after this!

On the plus side, I had an amazing breakfast yesterday...


How pretty?? And actually, as always seems to be the case with my green smoothie photos, the colour was actually prettier in real life! I love how full the bowl was too, and so simple - just a banana, spinach, frozen pineapple and milk, with coconut on top. No needed for agave nectar etc, just delicious!

Back to the M&S Salads though, today's 3rd and final one was wheat berries and giant couscous with roasted butternut squash...


this wasn't quite as good as the avocado, quinoa & feta salad, but still pretty good...


My second favourite. I liked the chew of the wheat berries and couscous, and the butternut squash was pretty well cooked - better than at Cafe Rouge on Saturday anyway!

This afternoon was my wedding hair trial. I think we're decided on part up/part down, with some curls put in. These were the two styles we tried...




I really liked this flower in my hair. I hadn't been sure about it at first but I think it went well with the curls (I've never had my hair curled before!) However I didn't like that all my hair was away from my face.

So next we went for a softer look...




In the salon, we decided this was the hairstyle we liked, but now - looking at the photos, I'm not so sure! Gah. I think it doesn't help that my curls had majorly dropped by the end of the trial - we didn't use any hairspray, whereas obviously on the day lots will be needed to keep the curls in place!! I think I like the front of the second hair style, with a couple of curls down at the front/side of my face, but the back of the first style. The second just looks a bit messy don't you think? Although again, if the curls had held it may have looked better?!

Any opinions, or alternative suggestions, would be appreciated!! I like the casual curls, and don't want the hairstyle to look too formal, but equally don't want it to look a mess from the start/part way through the day!! Aaaargh, I thought this was one wedding decision that was sorted!!

Daughter also had her hair cut and a mini practise run of wedding hair. No photos though as she was super fidgety...I think we're going to have to keep her away from the salon until she's actually needed on the real day as if she was there the whole 3-4 hours with us she'd be soooo bored!! She'll be having time with Liam and baby while I'm having my hair done on the wedding day I think!

3 comments:

  1. I prefer the first look, but they are both really pretty. So go for what you feel comfortable with I say :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Maria on the first look, but go for what you prefer! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you :) I think I like a combo of the two - the back of the first one, with the big clip, but a bit softer around the face as in the second one. Although my Mum now prefers the front of the first one all hair away from my face, but with the smaller clips in the side like the second one, lol, complete opposite! It'll work out in the end I'm sure! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...