Friday 4 February 2011

Bagel, Pitta, Pasta...

Lots of carbs were eaten by me today! All very yummy though :)

First off... breakfast... the bagel... a raisin and cinnamon bagel, toasted, and covered in mashed banana and peanut butter...

this was soooo yummy! Whilst I still love porridge, this made a nice change and the banana and peanut butter is, as always, a great combination! I was a bit worried that this wouldn't keep me full, but actually, I didn't end up eating lunch until 3.30pm! Admittedly not just down to lack of hunger, I probably started getting hungry again around 1.30pm but couldn't decide what to have...so just had a couple of satsumas to keep me going...


...until I could go round to my Mum's and snaffle the leftovers from her lunch! Wholemeal pitta bread with houmous and sliced red pepper...


I love houmous! :) and this was not just any houmous, it was Hugh's houmous! Hugh Fearnly-Whittingstall that is - my Mum visited a River Cottage Canteen/Deli recently and bought it there. Apparently it was cumin flavoured, but I couldn't really taste it, it just tasted like nice houmous to me!

I then went for a wander around town while my daughter was at her ballet lesson. After reading about the Booja Booja giveaway on Celery and Cupcakes blog, I headed to my local health food shop where I knew I'd seen some Booja Booja chocolates a few months ago. Sadly it turns out they were just there for Christmas, grrr, I should have bought some while I had the chance! Guess I'll just have to hope I win some in the giveaway as it seems none of the shops in my town sell them...fingers crossed!

After getting back from town I had a caramel skinny latte...

I found a couple of sachets of Caramel syrup that I'd been given in a goodie bag at last year's Bath Coffee Festival which made this feel like a bit more of a treat than normal coffee :)

Then once the children were fed and in bed it was time for my dinner, I do like being able to choose whatever I fancy when Liam's at work on Fridays! :) tonight was pasta, with roasted peppers and goat's cheese...


I roasted the peppers first, then added the goat's cheese to melt for 5 minutes whilst the fresh tortellini was cooking. All together...

and all mixed up...


this was really good, just what I fancied as has left me nicely full :) early night planned for me tonight anyway ahead of my last day at work tomorrow, so hopefully I'll manage to avoid the munchies later on!

2 comments:

  1. That pasta sounds lovely- I love goats cheese and peppers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love hummus!!! Pita, peppers, carrots, cucumbers, all of it is good!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...