Wednesday 2 March 2011

Just another day...

I always know when my mind draws a blank for any blog title ideas, that the day has been pretty standard. Today has definitely been one of those days. Aka I don't have much to talk about!

For breakfast, I started to make porridge on auto-pilot - got the bowl out, poured some oats in...and then realised I didn't actually want porridge this morning! So the oats went back in the box and I had a yummy cinnamon&raisin bagel instead, topped with crunchy peanut butter and apricot fruit spread...


So good, and a nice change from the usual porridge or smoothie.

Bagels are also quicker for me to eat, so I had more time to get ready before toddler group - we were so early we ended up doing a quick Lidl shop first (and the benefit of going shopping on the way to somewhere was I only bought as much as I could fit in the basket under the pushchair, bonus!). I resisted the biscuits at toddler group (although I can't say the same for baby!!) and just had a cup of tea, no sugar. I'm beginning to get used to the lack of sweetness, although it is the only time all week I have tea - at home I stick to my lattes, sweetened with various different options - agave nectar is my favourite at the moment I think, yum.

By the time we got home, baby had fallen asleep in his pushchair, so I put him into his cot and set about making my lunch. I had 2 avocadoes which were very ripe, so I made them into easy guacamole - just with lemon juice and sweet chilli sauce added...


I had some with my lunch and froze the rest in individual portions - felt very organised! Hopefully it will save me time for future lunches, and definitely saves waste and/or me eating 2 avocadoes in one sitting so all good! :)

Lunch was similar to yesterday, albeit not as pretty - roasted peppers, quinoa and guacamole...


Delish. I must try to have something different for lunch so I don't get fed up of quinoa based salads - they're so easy and tasty though! I think I preferred yesterday's version - having the peppers raw and the avocado non-mashed made it take longer to eat and therefore feel more filling, this was delicious too though.

Mid-afternoon I fell asleep on the sofa for an hour while baby was napping...not how I intended to spend my afternoon but probably needed!

It also meant I didn't eat again before dinner, as by the time I woke up there was only time to quickly wash up the day's dishes before Liam and daughter got home - doesn't that make my day sound interesting...not a usual occurrence however - Liam was pleasantly surprised! We then all spent some time in the garden as it was so nice & sunny today, cold but sunny :)

Dinner was one of my favourites, sweet potato and cauliflower curry...


I didn't have any rice with it today, it really doesn't need it...


this is so delicious, sometimes the old favourites are as good as trying new recipes :)

Once the children were in bed, I snacked on a Nak'd banana bread bar...


I'm not sure if I like this or not to be honest. A bit too sweet (even for me!) and even though the banana is natural, it tasted a bit like the banana medicine you used to get given as a kid...hmmm...think I'm glad I only bought the one of this flavour, there are so many other Nak'd bar flavours I like so much more!

And with that, I come to the end of my rather dreary post!! Hopefully tomorrow will be a bit more interesting!

Not related to today's post, but does anyone have any recommendations for cakes that they've made?? I usually stick to cupcakes but my Mum has asked me to bake a big cake for Mothering Sunday (a while off yet I know!) and as my fussy sister and Liam aren't going to be there, I thought I could get a bit more experimental rather than sticking to chocolate or lemon drizzle!! I've been looking through the BBC Good Food site, but there are so many different cakes to choose from, so any tried & tested recommendations (not just from Good Food obv) would be good! Especially as I can't really test it beforehand if I'm making one that Liam won't eat up, so I'll be crossing my fingers when my Mum cuts into it - I get so much more anxious making big cakes than cupcakes as you don't know how the middle will be until the host cuts into it! (as with my disastrous white chocolate mud cake on Christmas Day...luckily that was on the old blog so can be forgotten about!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...