Saturday 29 October 2011

Halloween Fun at Crealy

Yesterday we made it to Crealy! I'm so glad we changed our plans on Thursday - yesterday's blue sky made a great change from grey:


We got there just in time for the fancy dress competition, which Izzy didn't win - maybe we should have gone on rainy Thursday when it was no doubt quieter - less competition!! ;-D I think all the children in fancy dress got (or were meant to get) a small prize upon entering the park anyway. The girl who let us through didn't give us anything - no prize, no raffle ticket to play trick or treat, no leaflet to tell us times etc - but luckily Izzy didn't realise she was missing out on a prize so all was ok. We picked up an information leaflet from the help desk...


and went to play Trick or Treat. Luckily all the staff running it let Izzy play even without a ticket - I would not have wanted to have had to deal with a sweet-deprived child (!!) As it was, 3 'stations' giving out sweets...


equals one very happy Izzy! :)


After trick or treating, we had lunch, went to the 'spooky games' (Izzy liked the dancing game, but decided not to put her hands in the snotty slime!!), and then went to play in Little Land. These houses are the perfect size for Toby!


Although maybe not so much for Liam...!


As there was so many Halloween things to do at Crealy yesterday, we didn't go on any of the rides that we normally go on. We did, however, still find time for a bit of soft play...


and a visit to the animals...


Izzy adored this baby goat - she spent ages stroking it until the bigger goats started getting closer and scared her off!!


One of the main aims of yesterday's Crealy trip was to pick up a pumpkin. We decided to carve it at home as it needed a good wash first, plus Toby was getting a bit past it. So once we got home, Izzy and Liam got to work...


Izzy did a great job of saving me the seeds, so I'm going to try roasting them later on. Here's hoping I don't burn them after all her work - you can tell she enjoyed it really (!!)


And the finished (very heavy!) pumpkin? A bat on one side...


and a spooky face on the other...


Well done Izzy and Liam! :)

Izzy loves going to Crealy - we have year memberships so, when we don't get tempted by the all you can eat Italian buffet remember to take packed lunches, it doesn't work out too expensive. We did have to bribe Izzy with some sweets from the shop yesterday so that she didn't get too upset about not carving the pumpkin there though!!

Today we are off into Exeter to try to find me an outfit for Liam's graduation - any suggestions?? I'm thinking maybe a winter dress to go with the knee high (flat) black boots I already own? I am so clueless when it comes to fashion, but I'm hoping if I wear the boots in then people in the shops will be able to help me out!! We also need to buy Toby some new shoes - he kept falling over yesterday so I'm guessing his feet have finally grown.

What are you all up to this weekend? Any nice plans?

3 comments:

  1. I've been lurking on your blog for a while now...I just wanted to say how gorgeous your kids are, seriously! I am envious of Izzy's sweetie haul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for de-lurking! :) & thanks for the compliments on Izzy & Toby, they are cuties if I do say so myself! ;) Izzy still has sweets left from last year's Halloween so she really didn't need anymore...it keeps her happy though!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...