Friday 23 December 2011

Christmas Meal Two Days Early

Tonight we ate the meal that I'd planned to cook for my Christmas lunch. Slight mis-communication with my Mother-in-law meant that I was planning to bring my own vegetarian main dish, whereas she was planning to surprise me with a wellington nut roast. Ooops.

I didn't want to miss out on the meal I'd been looking forward to, so I made it tonight instead. Peas and Crayon's Cranberry Curry Quinoa with Roasted Cauliflower and Butternut Squash.

Despite appearances, the cauliflower didn't taste at all burnt!

I'd made a trial run of this a week ago, and stirred some chopped goats cheese through at the end. It completely slipped my mind this evening, but luckily Liam was more awake than I was so we quickly added some at the table! I didn't take any more photos of it after that today, but here's what it looked like last week...


Delicious either way! The curry flavour is very mild, the cranberries add a lovely touch of sweetness, and I adore both roasted cauliflower and butternut squash. Yum!

I'm hoping to have time tomorrow to quickly post photos of all the baked goods I made earlier, once they are prettily packaged up. But just in case I don't have time, here is how the Crispy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Truffles turned out. They are divine! I must package them up soon to stop me from constantly sneaking them out of the fridge!!

Blurry pic, but it shows the delicious truffle insides. I've been eating the less well coated ones, so most will have a thicker chocolate layer than this.

Liam is busy making labels to help me package up all the goods. Unfortunately his printer decided to break last night so it's taking a bit longer to make than we'd anticipated! Here's what he'd made earlier though...


I'm looking forward to getting everything packaged up, hopefully everyone will enjoy them on Sunday.

I'm so excited that it's Christmas Eve tomorrow! Izzy is too - I think for the first time ever she is really looking forward to going to bed tomorrow night - she's been counting down the sleeps until Santa visits!! We've got one more day to get through first though!

Do you have any plans for Christmas Eve? I'll be finishing off my baked gifts in the morning, and then Liam's sister is coming round early afternoon to exchange gifts. We'll then go to the crib service at the local church in the afternoon, before having a DVD & popcorn night (with Izzy, but not Toby) in the evening. I can't wait! I hope you all have a lovely time too :)

2 comments:

  1. *happy dance!* so so so glad you love it! thanks for the shout out Lucy! Happy Holidays!!!!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cranberry/ squash quinoa looks so tasty :)
    And those truffles look amazing- yet another one I will have to try at some point! Have a lovely Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...