Saturday 31 December 2011

Last Day of 2011 + What's for dinner?

Can you believe it's the last day of 2011 today? It seems so weird to think we'll be in 2012 tomorrow. I've been trying to explain it to Izzy but I don't think she 100% gets it!

I hope you're all having a lovely last day of the year?

We're having a really relaxing day here. We were going to take the Christmas Tree down this morning, but Izzy persuaded us to keep it up for another week - we're going to "rejuvenate" it with the spare pack of chocolate tree decorations instead as it's looking a little tired.

Instead the children have been playing with lots of toys...


for a moment anyway, then they decided the box was much more fun!!


Toby is very possessive of "his" box - Izzy kept trying to get in there with him, but he would squeal and push her out, so she resorted to pulling him around the room in it instead!!

We just had a leisurely lunch/brunch (it feels like brunch food, and I hadn't had breakfast, but I suppose we did actually eat it at lunch-time!) of sweet potato hash (without the bacon, I added some smoked paprika instead)...




This afternoon Izzy and I are going to the local panto with my Mum. My Mum gave Izzy the tickets as her Christmas presents and she is so excited to go!

This evening, Liam and I aren't going out so I want to cook us a special meal once the children have gone to bed. I couldn't decide to cook, but this morning I was reading Sweet Life's recipe round-up and as well as the sweet potato hash above, I love the look of her Stacked Roasted Vegetable Enchiladas so I think I might cook those. I've got all the ingredients for it on hand anyway, and it looks delicious!

What are your plans for this evening? How are you spending the last day of 2011?

I'll probably be back with another quick post later as I realised last night that I'd written 248 posts so far in 2011 - this will be post 249, but it would be nice to end the year on a nice even 250! ;-)

Oh, and while I remember, I finally created a Facebook page for my blog. I haven't worked out how to put a button for it on here yet, but you can "like" it here if you want! www.facebook.com/PorridgeParsnip is nice and easy to remember (for me at least!) anyway as it's the same as my Twitter ID.

3 comments:

  1. I really love this post. It is filled with super-duper things that are unique and most of them are not to be found anywhere else than here. Please continue to do your awesome work. Cheers, mate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I very much acknowledge your work. This post has one of your best works. Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...