Saturday 31 December 2011

Oh no she didn't...

Oh yes she did!



This afternoon, my Mum, Izzy and I went to the panto. Panto 2011 = Treasure Island. Not quite the Cinderella that Izzy was expecting, but she had fun...and my Mum seemed to as well:


As fun as the panto might be, the ice cream in the interval is my favourite part. Honey & stem ginger... yes please!


Mum had the same as me, Izzy enjoyed her chocolate version...


The second half was better than the first half. No photos, but Izzy went up on stage (with lots of other children) to sing a song and got a sweet for efforts so she was very happy!

And while we were at the panto, the boys were having fun at home. Cool dudes huh...

Toby's new jacket, but most definitely Liam's hat!!

Right that's it from me this year (!). I've published a nice even 250 posts in 2011... let's see how many 2012 brings. Blogging is definitely more enjoyable now I've got a new laptop - no more tearing my hair out as my laptop crashes for the 5th time in one evening!!

I hope you've all had a lovely day and have a lovely evening,

Happy New Year! :-)

7 comments:

  1. I don't know...I think Toby suits that hat ;)

    When I was a kid I never even concentrated on the play when we went to the theatre (I'm odd and have never seen a pantomime!) because I was too busy waiting for the ice cream in the interval :P

    Have a lovely NYE and a great 2012 :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaaaah a numbers chick at heart ;-)

    I'm like Jess, not seen a pant before in my life - that should go on my 2012 list I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was little my Nan always used to take us to the Panto- they are a bit cheesy but as a child I did love them. As an adult I did go to the school one (which is done by an adult drama society)- it is very funny but also rather smutty (well I think they tone it down for the matinee performances!).
    Happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS- He's behind you!!!!!! (See, I have been to them before!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another one of those sporadic comments from me; I just wanted to wish you and your family all the best for 2012 x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lara & Jess - I can't believe you've never been to a panto!

    Like Maria, I used to go every year. My Mum and sister were even in the local one once!!

    I think this one was toned down for the matinee too - there were a couple of jokes that they started and then "oh no, we can't say that in the afternoon in front of all the children" It wasn't the best panto I'd ever been too, but Izzy enjoyed it which is the main thing! :)

    Lara - I haven't been consciously counting blog posts all year, lol, but when I saw that I was going to end on 249 I knew I *had* to write an extra post to round it up to a nice even 250 - it looks so much prettier now that it says 2011 (250) before moving on to this year!! ;)

    Laura - thanks, I wish you a happy 2012 too :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...