I'm in a bit of a random mood today, so rather than trying to get my thoughts together to form a coherent post, I'm just going to post five random things. This works well as I need to clear the camera today anyway, ahead of Liam being the "unofficial photographer" at my Grandparents' 60th Wedding Anniversary do tomorrow.
So here we go...
1. Anyone who walks into my sitting room right now is going to think I'm totally self-obsessed. With the exception of the middle one (hello baby Izzy!) all of these photos are of little Lucy. And yes, I was a puffy peach bridesmaid once (photo on the far left below). I was the child on the right, it's the bride's adult sister who I feel really sorry for!
Yet another consequence of my Mum moving house. These are just the tip of the iceberg - I also have 2 full carrier bags of unframed childhood photos and I have no idea what to do with them! Any suggestions? The only place I can really put them is in my bedroom as downstairs we tend to have photos of the children/adult photos of us. I have no free surface space in the bedroom though so that would involve having a "wall of Lucy's childhood" which might be a little creepy!!
2. This is my new favourite snack. Total 0% Greek yoghurt mixed with cocoa powder and agave nectar, topped with blueberries.
Excuse the messy bowl - we've got my Dad and Sisters coming round for (takeaway) curry later so I didn't want to create any more washing up than there's already going to be!
3. Speaking of chocolate and blueberries, the children and I had this for dinner last night - porridge made with mashed banana, cocoa powder and peanut flour topped with blueberries, peanut butter and chocolate chips:
This was Izzy's suggestion for dinner (well, except the peanut flour - I sneak that in for protein so that I can tell myself I'm making a balanced meal!!) and it was awesome. Just what I wanted on a cold evening. Liam had poached eggs on toast as he's not a porridge fan and the chocolate-peanut butter combo disgusts him. His loss!
4. Hanging clothes above your kitchen door is really not the best idea. Luckily Toby isn't tall enough to touch the bottom of the coat/dress when he walks past, but I have to be very careful when carry food in and out of the kitchen!
This is what I'll be wearing tomorrow. Same dress etc that I wore to Liam's graduation, with a random pink coat thrown in for a little extra warmth. Whenever I need something smart to wear I borrow something from my Mum. A little depressing, but a lot cheaper than buying nice clothes myself!
5. No photo for the 5th thing, but a couple of links instead. I still haven't got round to using the yeast that I bought last weekend. I think I'm going to make one of Maria's bread recipes, although I'm also tempted by this cinnamon roll recipe. Any other suggestions? Have you ever baked with yeast?
Right, that's me done! Time to sort out ballet stuff etc and then get on with my Friday. I'm looking forward to curry later - we don't get takeaway often but when we do it's a nice treat. I'm going to stick with what I always have from the local curry house I think - paneer & pea, and cauliflower curry side dishes. Yum.
What are your plans for the weekend? Anything random you'd like to share? We've got quite a busy weekend. Curry with family tonight, my Grandparent's anniversary lunch tomorrow and then round to Liam's cousin's house for birthday cake on Sunday. Lots of eating, but it should all be fun and it will be nice to see extended family members that are coming down tomorrow...I just hope that the current cold weather doesn't mess up their travelling plans!