Thursday 21 April 2011

Amazing Breakfast - Healthy Chocolate Pudding? Yes Please!

Today has gotten off to a great start!! :) I wasn't sure it would when I woke up - 6.5 hours sleep is an improvement on the previous day's 5 hours, but still not enough for me! My stomach was also being majorly growly hungry also so I thought I was going to have to forgo my planned smoothie breakfast (again) for something more substantial. Liam came to the rescue though (!) by bringing me a latte in bed, bliss!


this calmed my stomach enough to allow me to contemplate the smoothie I wanted...


Cocoa-Raspberry "Pudding" Smoothie
  • 1 banana
  • 40g spinach
  • 75g frozen raspberries
  • 20g cocoa powder
  • 100ml milk
  • pinch xanthan gum
  • 15g Sweet Freedom, or other sweetener to taste
  • Topped with 25g granola
This was amazing! I added the Sweet Freedom at the end as it had a slightly earthy taste at first, but after it was sweetened all you could taste was chocolate with a tang from the raspberries, delish! The texture was great too - the first time I have tried a cocoa "green" smoothie in my new blender - super smooth with a slightly "gloopy" pudding texture...


with a little bit of granola to provide a slight crunch (although no big clumps as Liam had picked them all had to eat on top of his yoghurt!!) this was one of the best breakfasts I've had in ages...


a great addition to my summer recipes! :)


Yum, I love eating things full of natural, healthy ingredients that taste great and make me feel fantastic too! :)

Hope everyone's having a good day so far, we're off to the beach soon, time to apply the suncream!

5 comments:

  1. I want to dive in to your pudding...it looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your breakfast looks so yummy, I really want one tomorrow! I think a trip to tesco is on the cards for me today ;). Which blender did you end up buying? I only have a hand blender but I definitely think I need to invest in a proper blender. Is it a faff to clean up afterwards? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone, it was delicious, I'm tempted to have the same again for breakfast tomorrow, yum.

    Emma - its a Philips blender, can't remember the exact one but if you go to my "It's a Smoothie Day" post at the start of April (archive should be on the right of this page) I've linked to it on Amazon. I love it so far! :) Really easy to clean - just a glass jug, plastic lid, plus a small plastic base and blade that just screw off the jug really easily. Much easier to clean than other juicer/blenders I've had in the past!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...