Monday 11 April 2011

Coconut Treats

Hope you all had a good weekend! I spent most of the time outside - got to make the most of the sunshine while it's here! :) I also ate lots of food, yummy at the time, but has left me feeling very sluggish and tired today. I will post some weekend photos soon, but for today, a quick post is on the menu as the house needs tidying - boring! We went to Lidl and Waitrose this morning, and as well as all the usual food, I picked myself up some coconut treats :)


I haven't tried the yoghurts yet, to be honest I haven't even looked at the ingredients list, I just picked them up in Waitrose on impulse! The other 2 items were from Lidl. First up, the coconut spread...


Sadly, this spread was in no way healthy. Sugar, oil, coconut, milk powder, cocoa butter plus other ingredients I don't want to can't remember! Basically a white chocolate nutella with dried coconut in, but oh so delicious! The whole 200g was eaten by me whilst cooking lunch, and then again straight after eating, oink oink!! Maybe it's a good thing it's one of the special, limited time only foods in Lidl - hopefully it won't be there to tempt me next time I go in!

The other coconut treat is something that I've been wanting to try for a long time - coconut ferrero rocher style chocolates...


there were more chocolates than this when I originally opened the box but I was too eager to try them to take a photo initially!!


These are delicious, they have the same crisp wafer coating as ferrero rocher, which is covered in desiccated coconut and filled with a coconut filling and a whole almond in the middle of each one, yum yum yum...


So good they deserve another photo...


At the time of writing this, there are 2 chocolates left in the box...but I'm sure they will both be gone by the time I hit "publish post"...I'm going to feel so bloated tomorrow!! Have a good evening everyone, I'm off to heave myself off the sofa before I turn into a white chocolate coconut myself!!

3 comments:

  1. I never liked coconut when I was little, but I love it now, especially in things like granola, cereal bars, stuff like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, I love coconut in granola etc too. To be honest, the coconut spread and coconut chocolates, whilst delicious, were a bit too rich and fake - when I'm not in an "eat everything in sight" mood, I do prefer coconut in a more natural form, or at least mixed into slightly healthier goodies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. just read this review after a search, and must say i luv all 3, that spread from lidl is to die for i thought and like u ate the whole tub haha,i just cant seem to find it no more :( i luv ferrero rocher, but dont eat milk choc no more,so when they bought out this white choc version i was over the moon there one of my favs

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...