Tuesday 26 April 2011

Two Similar Days

The last two days have been pretty similar - smoothie for breakfast, lunch out (in fact the exact same meal!) and easy dinner. Here are the details...

Yesterday morning I felt the need for a bright green smoothie after all the bready foods of the previous day. This lived up to expectations...


Banana, spinach, fresh pineapple, coconut flour, milk and xanthan gum, topped with desiccated coconut...


This was really tasty. The coconut flour probably wasn't necessary as you couldn't really taste it, but the smoothie as a whole was delicious.

This morning's smoothie wasn't so green (and horrible photo as Liam gave back the DSLR this morning, sob!)...


This was a blueberry version of the Cocoa-Raspberry "Pudding" Smoothie, exactly the same but with 75g frozen blueberries instead of 75g frozen raspberries. I need to buy some more raspberries! This was nice, but my favourite is definitely raspberry, then cherry and then this blueberry version.

Both today and yesterday we went out for lunch at the same place - the only restaurant/pub in our town with a large outside space to make the most of the sunshine! Yesterday I went with Liam, daughter and baby to make the most of her last day before back to school, and today I went with Liam (after he got back from handing in his dissertation, yey!), baby, my friend and her boyfriend who were down here on holiday. I ended up eating the same thing both days as it was so delicious yesterday and the menu can be a bit hit-and-miss with limited vegetarian options, so I didn't want to risk a negative experience today (and didn't fancy vegetable pizza which was the only other meat-free option I spotted!) Twice baked Cornish Yarg souffle with deep-fried polenta chips and slow roasted beetroot...


This was so good, the polenta chips were gorgeously crispy, and the twice baked souffle (consistency of a Yorkshire pudding) had lots of yummy melted cheese on it! :)


the beetroot was also great, although there was a bit too much of it yesterday and not enough today. Weirdly the presentation was completely different today...I didn't take any photos, but the polenta chips were just in a pile on the side and there was way less melted cheese :( still really good, but presumably two different chefs!

Both days I also had a glass of Pimms...


Pimms = summer to me! :) Yesterday I also had a bottle of mixed berry Kopparberg cider...


this was nice but made me feel super bloated and groggy - I think the combo of all the bubbles + extra alcohol + no water + sunshine at the beach after made me super dehydrated, not good! Today I just stuck to the one glass of Pimms and felt much better.

Both lunchtimes ended with a walk and then a trip to the ice cream shop. Yesterday I shared a tub of Turkish delight ice cream with baby...


this was ok, but the Turkish delight chunks were super hard (frozen, duh) plus I realised they probably had gelatine in them which grossed me out a bit.

Today I resisted the peer pressure to have an ice cream (my friend didn't want to be the only one having one, but actually she persuaded her boyfriend to have one in the end and Liam and baby of course had them too!) and instead had a 'Cappucino Cool' - coffee milkshake, yes please...


Both days I have had little energy to cook dinner - the heat plus staying up late whilst Liam worked on his dissertation has been draining!! Last night I quickly cooked up some egg fried rice - brown rice fried in a little oil, with frozen peas, sweetcorn and edamame beans and sesame oil added, plus eggs mixed through it. Topped with soy sauce and grated cheese...


simple but yummy! :) Today's dinner used even less effort - the others had fish fingers etc, and I had a couple of slices of seeded toast with some of the leftover butternut squash terrine/pate from Sunday...


Ugly but oh so tasty! :)

There have, of course, also been evening snacks. Last night I ate one of the final (sob!) creme egg cupcakes...


still amazing!


Tonight's snacks have not been photographed but Liam and I have shared a Cadbury's Easter egg and I'm now very tempted to have some vegetable crisps dipped in the last of the butternut squash pate...got the munchies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...