Wednesday 27 April 2011

Camera Shopping + New Accessories

Today has been a very exciting day (well, for me anyway!)...after dropping daughter at school, we were going camera shopping, yey! Liam had to give the DSLR he'd borrowed from uni back yesterday, and my photos have not been the same without it!! We also booked a caterer for our wedding today which was a big relief - we had been thinking of doing most of the food ourselves, but after the buffet on Sunday decided it would be too much work. Very glad the caterer was free - as she put it, we had left it quite late! Meeting with her on Saturday, exciting! :)

Anyway, before shopping was breakfast. I hadn't had porridge for a while, and more worryingly no peanut butter either, so breakfast solved both those problems. Cocoa-banana porridge topped with crunchy peanut butter...


Then it was time to shop! We ended up buying the Nikon D3100...

(source)

this has similar controls to the Nikon D40 Liam borrowed from uni, so we were able to use it straight away...looking forward to learning about the different settings etc though! :)

While we were in the spending mood, we also popped in to the big Tesco next door where I bought a few accessories for my food photos! New plates and a bowl...


...place mats with a matching glass...


...and some smoothie glasses and ramekins...


Hopefully that's fulfilled my shopping desires for a while!!

After the mini photo shoot, it was time for lunch. Today has very much been an 'eating up the fridge' kind of today, so for lunch we had stuffed mushrooms (with grilled peppers Philadelphia and grated Cheddar) and roast veg couscous salad...


this was really tasty but not overly filling (the downside of Liam being home is he gets the lion's share of the food!!) so I followed it up with an iced latte...


So good!

Once daughter got home from school, Liam got us all a snack of Malt Loaf with some Flora spread on it...


I love the squidgyness of this. Only problem is that between me, daughter and baby, the whole loaf was gone in minutes!

It was then soon time for dinner. In line with the 'eat up food in the fridge' mission, I cooked a simple stir fry to use up some veggies. Leeks, peppers and courgettes alongside sesame & almond smoked tofu and brown rice...


this was really good, although the veggies were slightly overcooked as I got distracted and put them on way too early compared to stage of rice cooking, oops! Still tasty though...


Yum!

After dinner was cleared up and the children were in bed, I dug into some chocolate that had somehow lasted in my cupboard for ages! Montezuma's Spice It Up dark chocolate with ginger...


I love the design of Montezuma's chocolate bars and this one was especially great with chunks of crystallised ginger visible in it...


This was delicious, so good in fact that I "accidentally" ate the whole 100g bar in less than 5 minutes without really realising what I was doing, oops, kind of wish I'd taken the time to savour it more! My tummy has been grumbling at me unhappily ever since, but the yummy taste was worth it :)

Hope everyone's having a good evening :) I'm looking forward to watching the Master Chef final in an hour, didn't really watch this series at the start, but got into it the last few days so will be interesting to see who wins!

3 comments:

  1. Yummy looking food! I'm definitely fancying stuffed mushrooms now, lucky I have some portobellos in the fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I'm so jealous of your camera. I wish I could afford a decent one but I just blew the little money I have squirrelled away on a hybrid bike...camera is definitely next on the list!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those placemats! So pretty :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...