Wednesday 20 April 2011

Sunshine & Coffee!

Well, despite only having 5 hours sleep last night, I managed to get through the day! My Comforting Cocoa Porridge for breakfast definitely helped, as did the two iced coffees I sipped through the day! Well actually, no ice as I'd run out (must shop!) but a strong shot of coffee, milk and a couple of squirts of Sweet Freedom went into the blender...


needs to be frothy!


Yum x2...


These definitely helped me today, even if only for the ritual of drinking them in (semi) peace!

Lunch was another ready-made salad from Waitrose. Coronation Wild Rice this time...


I didn't have the energy to do anything creative with this so just chopped up some cucumber to lighten it up a bit...


this was ok, but a bit all one flavour, and the apricot pieces weren't big enough. I definitely preferred yesterday's couscous salad.

After lunch, I took the children out into the sunshine...


it was so lovely, we all had a good run around :)


We came back home, and after my second "iced" latte, it was time to make dinner. My second time of making sweet potato & kidney bean burritos...


These were delicious, but not quite as successful as the first time round. I used a different brand of wraps and these ones were too thick and small - not as easy to fold. Plus, this time I followed the recipe and used a diced onion in the kidney bean mix, which didn't mash down too well so the bean mash wasn't as smooth as last time. Still really good though, both children went back for seconds :)


There's one left that I'm planning to eat at some point tomorrow, oh yes.

Amazingly, after the eight "meals" I ate yesterday, today I have actually stuck to the dentist's desired five - breakfast-latte-lunch-latte-dinner...however I can't guarantee that some form of sweetness won't enter my mouth later on this evening!

2 comments:

  1. Hey!
    Yes I use the silken tofu- I think it is blue dragon stuff? Comes in a carton- 350g (or 349g I think!)- I just put it in my mini processor and keep blending- that is what goes in the pumpkin pasta too and it goes so creamy when cooked- yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's brill, thank you, I've seen some on the shelf in Waitrose so will have to pick some up next time I'm in. Then I'll just have to decide which of your yummy recipes to try first! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...